It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:45 pm

Now What? E-Mail... 
Ass for hat

Post Now What? E-Mail...
So, now that the wildly successful Organizations Faire is done and over with we need to figure out what to do next. We need to set up an e-mail account that would function as the realm e-mail. Making a UNI account seems like the logical course, except I have heard that they are shitty. So fuck that idea. Any other ones? G-mail, hotmail, all those are alright.. I heard talk about seetting up a Yahoo group. What exactly is a Yahoo group? What would it do for us? And then obviously we would have a Yaktoo e-mail. What do you guys think?

Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:30 am
Is Probably Better than You Are

i'm setting up a g-mail account that the council will have access to. I will also be putting the list of e-mails on my UNI account so we will send out e-mails from 2 different places.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:53 pm
Mama NB

We had a Yahoo group, let's not go back to that. Also, Derian may have had an email set up. You may want to check.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:23 pm
I'm right with you, Red Three

Yeah, Yahoo groups are shitty. Give me a day or two - I'll see if I can set up some sort of good mailing list that Gorlock or whoever can run (don't worry, they're easy). That would be a much better option than a Yahoo group.

Also - email. In addition to the realm email I setup 2+ years ago (that I've forgotten the password to), we also now have google apps for email. This basically means we have free gmail accounts that are @nanbelegorn.com. A much better option. Check your PMs, Gorlock.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:32 pm

Scratch that - After a bit of poking around, we can set up email lists through our Google account. This is probably really the best way to go about it. I can add people to the list; Gorlock can as well. If any other council types would like an email address, let me know and I can set one up & also give you admin privileges so that you can add/remove people from the list.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:46 pm

(> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:45 pm
Ass for hat

Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:49 pm

Lawls. Apparently we get 500 email addresses. That's 497 more. Who wants one?

Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:59 pm
Is Probably Better than You Are

They are really nice. I am half way done putting e-mails from the list as well as finding UNi e-mails for all the people. I will transfer the list to a council e-mail so we can all use it to send e-mails once I am done. This will probably take a few more days.

Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:40 pm
Ass for hat

Thanks. Let me know when it is done and I will send out a "thank you" e-mail, preliminary to the "information" e-mail.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:22 pm
Wanker

Post Re: Now What? E-Mail...
shiv wrote:
Making a UNI account seems like the logical course, except I have heard that they are shitty.

As the administrator of UNI's email system, at least of the back-end, I am forced to admit to you that um.. well.. you are pretty much right. The email *could* be better, but not fit inside the budget we have.

Sorry, just had to jump in here. The system is not all that terrible, if is just cumbersome to learn howw to use, and where to apply for things. It is pretty full featured, with the one caveat about storage space, and there are legal ramifications on it.

;-)

Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:13 pm