It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:47 pm

location? 
Canadian

Post location?
Just wondering if you guys would be interested in this, but if we do get our club status, would we want to ask for our own space not in the dome or would we prefer to stay in the dome. The dome is nice but sometimes there are other events and other groups that limit our space. We could try and push to perhaps reserve one of the gyms we were fighting before. Because we would be a club, not everyone attending would have to be a uni member so we shouldn't run into that problem again. Just asking what you would all prefer.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:03 pm
Is Probably Better than You Are

I think that the gym would be a good idea because there are a lot of times when the dome closes.

We do have prior notification now though. I get notifyed at the begining of the month from denison as to when the dome isn't open. so we could just plan on when to go to a gym befor it happens.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:29 pm
Ass for hat

I say take the Dome whenever we can get it. It IS a pretty enviable fighting spot, and if the numbers are static/rising gives us much more room to fight in. Of course we can always use the gym as a backup, especially since, according to Gorlock, we will know ahead of time when the Dome closes, but other than that my vote is for the Dome.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:16 pm
I'm right with you, Red Three

I don't think we could reserve the gym, as we are not all UNI students.

Even though we'd be a club, I think it's requisite that everyone in the gym is a UNI student.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:43 pm
Wanker

At the gym I would just walk in and never got questioned. It was never a problem for me, and other times I'd just go in the back doors with other people. If they saw the shield or sword they just know your there for belegarth anyway and wouldnt stop you.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:16 pm
Ass for hat

I have no real evidence for this, but it seems to me like every time we fight consistently in the Dome proper we undergo a huge expansion in numbers. I think people just like fighting there.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:10 pm
Is Probably Better than You Are

Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:14 am
Wanker

I like the dome. I think I like the fake turf ground more than a hardwood floor.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:02 am
Ass for hat

At the gym I would just walk in and never got questioned. It was never a problem for me, and other times I'd just go in the back doors with other people. If they saw the shield or sword they just know your there for belegarth anyway and wouldnt stop you.

It was like that for a while at the beginning of the year and then they started checking. In fact, that might have been one of the factors for us moving into the Dome. I don't really remember though.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:27 am
Team I can't get enough cum in my mouth

i think the main problem with the dome is that the truf changes depending on the season. that crap they put down for the track season sucks to fight on.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:39 am
Ass for hat

It does suck to fight on, but IMHO not much more than the gym floor.

Either way is fine for fighting, but it's easier to tell recruits to come to the UNIDOME than trying to get them to one of those gyms.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:33 pm
Canadian

just for reference, the crap they have during the track season is the actual floor of the dome and will be what we fight on until the football season when they lay the turf.

Im fine with the dome, but I really hate all the hassles we go through for it.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:16 pm
Wanker

Post Re: location?
bodhi wrote:
Because we would be a club, not everyone attending would have to be a uni member so we shouldn't run into that problem again.

NB is in a hazy situation here. Athletic clubs require that all members be UNI students to attend events. NISG has no such stipulations on attendance. You are recognized by NISG so normally you fall under our rules. The athletic clubs are controlled by the WRC who also controls the majority of athletic resources, and controlls admittance to the WRC (obviously). Since they have their rules for insurance reasons, among other things, it is possible that they can over ride NISG rules while at their locations. If this is the case (it may not be) you let me know and we will attempt a NISG resolution in your support and try to sway the WRS.

Let me know if you have any questions.

--ama

Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:20 pm
Canadian

Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:26 pm
Wanker

Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:28 pm
Ass for hat

So are you saying that the Dome is under WRC jurisdiction and they can theoretically still kick us out even though we are now a campus group?

Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:40 pm
Wanker

Sort of... They CAN require all attendants have a UNI ID... They can also decree that only Athletic groups can use the dome at certain times, but i doubt they will do that. In the case of the former, not much you can do, other than during special events (not open dome hours) get that restriction removed(by hosting as a NISG group... not a sport club... same way Career Fairs and such work).

I really doubt that they will do much to seriously imped you (the ID thing is very likely to stop you at first, but a solution can likely be worked out...).

The only reason the ID thing might be a problem is that the WRC has no standing policy on how to admit non-UNI patrons, the current policy is basically UNI faculty/staff and students all the time, families on the family plan during family hours, and all others denied, as far as i know. The issue will be with some students watching the doors not knowing how to handle the case, and falling back on deny.

--ama

Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:46 pm
Ass for hat

The only reason the ID thing might be a problem is that the WRC has no standing policy on how to admit non-UNI patrons, the current policy is basically UNI faculty/staff and students all the time, families on the family plan during family hours, and all others denied, as far as i know. The issue will be with some students watching the doors not knowing how to handle the case, and falling back on deny.--ama

Isn't this a part of why we stopped fighting there in the first place? AKA a big part of something we wanted to be exempt from by obtaining club status?

Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:54 pm
Ass for hat

Hmm, interesting. I think we should make calls and make sure we know we are cleared to do what we think we are. Thanks for the information, Ama.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:05 pm
Wanker

Hmm, interesting. I think we should make calls and make sure we know we are cleared to do what we think we are. Thanks for the information, Ama.

Like I said, I am not 100% sure of this, but that is what I know of of "how the system works"...

Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:16 pm