It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:59 pm

So. 
Ass for hat

Post So.
UNI. It's a college. How's that club status goin? :roll: They love us, after all.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:26 am
I'm right with you, Red Three

I think Gorlock was going to look into that.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:36 am
I will work on it I'm just lazy and need to look a few things up but yeah it should be done by next spring.

Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:37 pm
This is definately a more feasable option now with a larger majority of college students (i.e. more then 3) and also with consistent regular practices. Also, UNI I think has made it easier get club status as long as they dont have to give you any money. While I will not put myself down as a office holder, I can help get you started within the next couple of days to get club status. Probably tomorrow I can go in and start the paper work for you all.

I will place Zack as President and Josh as Treasurer. If you guys dont already have a particular prof. to vouch for you in mind I am going to go ahead and ask prof. Connors in the history dept. to be our rep.

What I need from you all who attend tuesday practices is to get real names of individuals along with student numbers. So someone step up on this and post it here so I can put it on the paperwork.

Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:45 pm

Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:03 pm
Is Probably Better than You Are

Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:46 pm
Canadian

Hows that club status coming *nudge nudge*

Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:38 am
Canadian

At the moment I have most of the constitution that we need to have written up in which the parent chapter of CF/waterloo belegarth has most of the control over the uni club as far as rules and who is able to be an officer. But our problem at the moment is getting SCA to drop there club status because they are under the specific name of Medieval Reenactment Society and UNI does not understand the difference between the two groups. But I cant seem to get ahold of the person who runs SCA and I havent seen any SCA event on campus in over three years. So hopefully I can point this out and UNI can just put in our information. I'll try really hard to get this situation worked out this week or by early next week. Either way, we still have a strong showing at practice and UNI doesn't seem to care that we take up an entire gym room to do it so we still basically have everything we want at the moment.

Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:49 am
Canadian

Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:57 pm
Canadian

So this whole club thing might be a little more complicated to do then I had hoped. I finally got ahold of the president of the SCA group on campus and apparently they still hold practices at UNI and even though they are hardly consisting of uni students anymore and they're membership tops at 7 or 8 they are unwilling to relenquish the student organization status because they will then no longer be able to practice and because they still have UNI student members they are well within their rights to do so. What this means is that I will somehow need to find a way to get UNI to allow dual students orgz. This will be hard because none of this is done in person anymore, its all over the internet as far as applying and stuff goes. So I ask for everyone to be patient as we go through these steps. And it is possible that we may not be able to get club status this year but I will do everything I can.

Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:51 pm
Ass for hat

Perhaps we could bill ourselves as something other than Medieval Reenactment? Would that help?

Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:30 pm

Well if any of us are not to lazy to stop trying after a while it is you.

Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:42 pm
Canadian

Im just going to send in our stuff anyway under Medieval Combat. The name medieval combat i think is important because when people look through these groups they are usually looking for something specific or are attracted to a subject rather then something like Belegarth. But dont worry, I'll just keep going with it all regardless.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:55 am
Canadian

Since Derian has said no one has contacted him about our club status I am going to assume that something in the online form process didnt pan out so Im just going to resend it and see what happens. if nothing comes of it then I'll contact the student organizations people directly because we apparently are having problems with the dome.

Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:05 pm
Ass for hat

Problems being we can't use it anymore and all that.

Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:03 pm

we will beable to use it just give me some time.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:53 pm