It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:36 pm

So I was reading the charter. 

Post So I was reading the charter.
And it says this.
Quote:
Attending practice a minimum of every other week is imperative to maintain these positions. Prolonged absences are to be allowed only for vacations, illness, and other unordinary circumstances. If a council person does not show at scheduled practice for three consecutive weeks without communicating a written explanation to the council or NB as a whole, they are to be dismissed and a replacement is to be selected by the remaining council members. Work is not an excuse. Council people who work are expected adjust their schedules such that they can regularly attend practice and fulfill their commitment to the Council of Nan Belegorn

It's listed under the council in our charter. Under Duties of Council members.

So according to our charter Sonus can not be our king any more. And Derian can not be our Secretary.

What do we wanna do. We can go about this 3 ways.

1. Ignore it.
2. Abide by it.
3. Come up with an alternative such as voting to ignore it in these certain instances.

Suggestions?

(> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:16 am
I'm right with you, Red Three

Haven't we been over this like... three or four times now?

I know that I've told people (and posted here) that if anyone wants to be secretary, they can have it. It's not really like I do/did anything much anyways. :)

By all means, if someone wants to be secretary or king (as I believe Sonus may have also done the same thing) (Shiv?), speak up! From the way it sounds, now is the time that it's probably important to have an established leader base.

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:36 pm
Is Probably Better than You Are

we will talk to people and get them to run. Also derian you should start coming out to practices again. we are getting a lot of people.

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:46 pm

I knew that Derian it's just I didn't realize it was in our charter.

I'm more of a person that plays loose with the rules but I know that it is important for some of you guys that we obey them.

(> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:54 pm
Canadian

I plan on attending practices again on a regular basis but as with Derian it doesn't matter to me what you guys want to do. The council positions mean little to nothing and basically always have been that way. In our realm it seems as though we all band together to get things done other than stuff like setting up and maintaining the website which Derian has basically always done and done well. If anything we should simply dissolve the council and assign captains. Even then, it probably won't mean a whole lot. :D

Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:29 pm

Also derian you should start coming out to practices again. we are getting a lot of people.

Hold practices at a time that works for me (7:00 AM) and we'll talk. :D

Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:05 pm
Team I can't get enough cum in my mouth

yeah...maybe the part about work not being an excuse should be amended

Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:13 am

I personally think that the entire charter needs to be revamped. I think it can be grossly simplified and cut down to probably 3 short sections.

It was written almost five years ago, and updated perhaps a year after that, and this was when the entirety of the realm was in/around highschool. Sonus is also right; there doesn't seem to be much need for the majority of the council stuff. Everyone is pretty cool right now. Unless the new people are planning on being giant faggots, there isn't any reason to have everything spelled out 100%, and if they are, I'm sure they'll be driven away because... well, we're assholes. ;)

Edit: Goddamn there are a shit-ton of smilies in this thread.

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:36 am

I agree. :D I didn't mean for my aforementioned post to be taken as an attack. :oops: I also believe that it would be a pain in the ass to revamp the charter. :x But we'll do what we need to do. :roll:

By the way ROFLCOPTER

(> < )

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:52 pm

Those OMG rockets FUCKED those niggas up!

Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:02 pm
Ass for hat

Dude, thqat is so crazy to watch drunk. Amd it's so hard to type.

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:37 pm
Is Probably Better than You Are

The charter does need revamped but there should still be a council. I think it needs to be there if for no other reason than to give new people a place to look when they have a question. It also makes it easier to get people to do stuff because you can be like look the realm needs you to do this I know i'm on the council. we don't need everything spelled out if we are just a group of vets but new people need people to look up to and official ways to feel like they are helping.

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:59 pm
Mama NB

I agree with Gorlock. If there is a council then to people coming in this will seem more like a group that's been around for awhile, has stuff figured out and there is a core group of people that can answer questions if you don't know who else to ask. Without the council we're just a bunch of random people.

For example - me, I've never been on the council, unless you count the secretary's secretary as a position, but I've been in NB for 6 years this September. Since I don't fight and I'm not on the council, no one new to the group would realize that for years I had better attendance than most of the council members and knew the rules just as well and could answer questions. I also knew what was going on with the group as a whole because I kept up with the national boards.

With the council, you take the guesswork away for the new members, and I for one think that's a good idea.

Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:08 pm