It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:24 pm

Weapons 
Canadian

Post Weapons
I would like to know what you all would think if I were to take orders for weapons that I could make and sell to individuals (preferably new people). I figure I could manage two standard sized blue swords, maybe a red sword, and then standard rounds. The total cost would be less then Edhellen, no shipping, and 50% of the profits would go to the NB fund. All I would ask is that for the first batch of orders I could get seed money from our funds in order to buy materials. All money, plus the percentage of the profits would be repaid. If someone else would be willing to help out that would be fine. Also, I might be able to get into some minor armour stuff such as greaves and bracers. What do you guys think?

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:00 pm
I'm right with you, Red Three

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:06 pm
Canadian

we have a lot of new people without any of their own weapons and no place for them to really make them.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:48 pm

That doesn't necessarily mean that they're willing to pay to buy new ones. I'm not trying to stomp on your plan, Bodhi, I think it's a good idea, but I think we should try to have another weapons making or two in addition to your plan. It's much better for people to learn how to make weapons than to simply buy them.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:56 pm
Canadian

oh, i totally agree. And obviously before we did something like this we would need to gauge what the demand for this is. What i want to know is that if we found that there was a demand for this would the council be willing to part with the seed money. I guess if I wanted to I could just go ahead and do this all myself, but money is a little tighter then I would like it to be and also I would like NB as a whole to profit from this. If perhaps this could end up working, we could make announcements to people that if they purchase a weapon that it would help to gain funds for Melcaorme and the upkeep of our loaner weapons which have become more valuable these last few weeks.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:20 pm

Yeah, I don't think it'd be a bad idea. So I suppose I'm a yes.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:36 pm
Wanker

What if we did a realm-hosted weapons making day. Instead of strait selling them, why don't we have the realm buy all of the materials and charge a reasonable admission to the weapons making day. The realm could make, say, a $1 profit per attendee (so it'd be like, what, 5-6 bucks to get in?), vets could help new people with making weapons, and ultimately the same goal is achieved. I'd be willing to host. Right now I don't have a garage, but my driveway area is available.

Built HoRdE tough.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:25 pm
Wanker

Can I post here if I'm not on the council? o.O Suppose I'll find out.

I'm all about Bodhi and Ghyll's idea, being a noob who needs weapons and wants to learn how to make them. It'd be nice to have a pair of standard blades just for my own use during a game so I don't have to mooch off of anyone else again. At the same time, I want to construct my own weapons pretty soon too.

Just thought I'd put in my two cents. Rowan told me he could make me something for about ten bucks a pop, which sounds reasonable too. I'd also be willing to pay to go to a weapon-making seminar thing and make something there.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:33 pm

Yeah, Andrew, this forum is open. This one is for discussion amongst the community, while the other council board is for the council only.

Ghyll - I don't think it'd be wise to call it "admission," it's more of paying for the materials for your weapon. I think we've pretty much always rounded up with weapon materials and put the extra into the realm fund.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:20 pm
Canadian

So does this mean we're having another weapons making session? I'd REALLY like to have one, so if we do, that'd be super awesome. I like having them at UNI...since so many Newbs come from here and whatnot, and if it's on a Tuesday we could just walk over to the Dome from there and whatnot. Anyway, on that note...I have some things I want to say. Ouija (the guy with the big red polearm for those of you who don't know) actually makes weapons, and usually a blue sword costs about $5, which is really reasonable. Also, his swords are really nice (At least in my opinion) and if you want to learn how to make one, Andrew, you should talk to him for a good quick method.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:58 pm

http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/alcon/construction.html

All you need.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:06 pm
Is Probably Better than You Are

I was going to work with some people on teusday again anyway.

ghyll I'm going to want those sheild parts that you have so there.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:50 pm
Canadian

Awesome, are you going to come here, Gorlock?

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:32 pm
Dick Marbles

"They call me Kerox the poop slayer........and I think you smell like shit"-Kerox

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:40 pm
Canadian

hey, Im all for weapons making. Its just that my time table will probably never allow me to make any of them and I would like to somehow get involved. Plus, I just thought it would be a good way to get the realm some extra cash without being a burden on the individuals. These standard weapons are easy for me to turn out with decent quality (something that takes time for new people). One of the best ways I learned how to make decent stuff was repairing my edhellen shit and also making crap tons of stuff with Alcon for the realm loaner gear. I guess what Im saying is that I'll probably do this anyway, but because I would like some help with the initial cost of materials I need you guys to be willing to go along with it.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:16 pm
Ass for hat

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:56 pm
Wanker

I'll kick in a donation for materials cost, Bodhi, how much is fair? $5? $10?

Built HoRdE tough.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:27 pm
Canadian

well, we could do it like that. But i was thinking I'd just take some orders, figure out how much it will cost, and then thats all I would need. Whatever cash comes back from it then I'll just use that to by the next batch of materials. But if you would like to donate that would be fine.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:19 pm