It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Free Entrance Tickets 
Ass for hat

Post Free Entrance Tickets
So some of us came up with an idea to hand out free entrance tickets to Mel at Spring Wars to people who were really good at taking their hits. Some people from NB are planning on heralding and handing out the tickets during that time, at least I think that was the idea. What say you?

Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:45 pm
I'm right with you, Red Three

Perhaps it might be good to make up a set number (say 10 tickets or whatever) and announce that they're going out to people for taking hits or sweet garb, or sweet deaths or whatever.

Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:43 pm
Is Probably Better than You Are

I think 10 is to many. mel is costing 10 a head this year and the point is to make a lot of money so we can get things the realm needs. at most I would say 2. I know I'm a stingy ass but giving stuff out for free can start again next year after we have some funds in the bank.

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:36 pm
Canadian

You just don't want to do it cause you're a cheater.

I do, however, agree considering how few people actually come to Mel. That would be 10% of the entrance profit if numbers are close to what they have been. It's a great idea, and anything to encourage people to play fair is welcome, but considering our low cash flow as a realm not the best for us.

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:17 pm
Dick Marbles

Its a good idea in theory but i dont think its the apporiate thing to do, reasons why cause your supposed to take your hits, I just dont see the point of giving away stuff for free for something your supposed to do

"They call me Kerox the poop slayer........and I think you smell like shit"-Kerox

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:37 pm
Team I can't get enough cum in my mouth

It may feel insulting to people... inadvertantly telling them that we think they're cheaters. I know that's not what we're saying (though cheating has admittedly gotten worse at events since I first joined the sport), but I can guarantee some people will see it that way.

I say that heralds during Mel just try to be especially vigilant, though I have no doubt that they will be.

I'm on the wire right now as to whether I agree with this idea to hand out free admissions to Mel or not. It's a very good idea in theory, to encourage clean fighting. I like it very much. It's the skewed perceptions of our intentions that may cause an upset.

Try bringing up the idea with other realm leaders. Discuss it and see how well it will go over with the general populace of fighters. It's a little tedious, but I think it might help.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:41 am

If we bring it up with other people we will almost be locked into doing it. I really don't want to do this because the point of this mel is to gt us on our feet with finances.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:14 am
Ass for hat

If it's going to be this complex, I say screw it. No one considered that we are trying to make good money off the event this year for the future when it was discussed, in fact I don't even think that was known. The idea is sound, but timing is key. Talking to other realms would inevitably make it a bad idea because large groups of people misinterpreting things would slow it down and make us all want to kill the idea. Or at least that 's my prediction of what would happen. *shrug* I think in order to get people to understand things right off the bat in this sport you need a small focused group of people to decide firmly what they are doing bfore going public, explain it V-E-R-Y--C-L-E-A-R-L-Y to everyone and be constantly vigilant against people getting it wrong. Who knows?

I think the fact that people would be as stupid as to misinterpret it as "they think I'm a cheater" reflects sadly on this sport and people's undernourished ego's. Because you're right, it totally would happen. People are just that dumb. I saw it as being akin to the "herald of the day" award they have at Chaos, such as "hit-taker of the day" and the point wasn't just to reward people taking their hits but to reward people who took really questionable hits in the spirit of the game. But, it is probably just too much for people out on a national field to handle.

Maybe rather than making some big announcement for it NB herald's could just hand one or two out (for the whole event so we still make money) on the d/l after spotting hit-taking worthy of earning it. Maybe they could be for half-off instead of free. There are a few different options. It could be a good or bad thing.

Do we want to try it out?

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:50 pm
Ass for hat

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:03 pm

I think we could consider this for next year but for this year we need to maximize profits so that we will beable to go to a different park next year.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:17 pm
Canadian

I don't see anything wrong with handing out a couple as long as its not announced publicly. It's a good idea regardless.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:55 pm
Canadian

Post hmm
offer them to westerners, they'll for sure come if they get in free!

Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:50 pm