It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:29 pm

Getting everything in line 
Ass for hat

Post Getting everything in line
Ok, here is how I understand that Mel will be going down, some last minute things, some questions, points and concerns.

Gorlock is in charge of co-ordinating with the park. He says he'll be on site at about nine in the morning Friday, and start moving wood. I'm sure he would like as much help as possible.

Troll wants to be in charge of troll. He also said he has nothing to do Friday, and will be on site early.
--What about that tent we have had in years previous? Any way we will be getting that (or a similar pavilion) again this year?
--Tokens. ???

We are in Mel 3's site, where the fighting and camping fields are directly across from one another.

Yaktoo expressed a desire to run weapons check. I intend to help, as will many others I'm sure.
--Bow strength tester. If no one has one, we need to get on that.
--Scale. Ditto.
--Stickers. I think yaktoo wanted to do the 'pack-esque written fail stickers. Am I right about that?
--Friday night check. In years past we have given the option of checking weapons as they arrive on Friday so people don't have to bother with them in the morning. I intend to do this, i think it helps alot getting on the field quickly on Saturday. This also requires some kind of "pass" sticker.

Running the field. Jesus is Master of Field safety, so he'll be heading this up. I intend to herald a whole lot. I think we should get the field going early, keep it going LONG, and keep it 100% clean and bullshit-free.
--I'll be up and ready to start weapon check by nine o'clock. As soon as there are a half dozen people standing around with weapons, we should get them fighting.
--As for battles, i think we should do bridge, unit, realm, and CTF in addition to two team battles. I like the idea of splitting up teams by realm and unit. I think that will help spark interest. Especially if we switch them up occasionaly.
--Heralding. i know we arn't that experienced with calling shots closely, but I think we should get some serious practice at this event. We should say flat out that we intend to call what we see, and do so. Lots of heralds, i think. Once the field gets splitting the field into four quadrants and setting a herald to watch over each sounds like a good idea.

Nightlife/security. Gorlock says he'll get mainfire going early on Friday so that it'll be up in good shape. Otherwise, I imagine it'll take care of itself. Security . . . anyone wanna head this up? Otherwise, the rest of us should be sure to step in and intervene before anyone does anything particularly retarded.

Bullshit. If I hear any mean spirited talk about other people/groups or stuff thats happened in the past I'm going to tell you to shut it. We advertise this as a bullshit free event, we take pride in that, lets be sure it's a reality.

Tourneys. I've volunteered to run them. I'm open to any suggestions. Right now the list has: 2v1 tourney, sword board, single blue, 3-man.

Prizes! Should be given away for random things. If someone wants to volunteer to go and buy some clever prizes, the Mel fund should be able to recoup you if the cost is reasonable.

Breakfast. Ahki and Jesus say they'll pancake ninja on Sunday. Are we going to have snacks out on Saturday so people don't bail to town halfway through the day?

Feast. I've been typing too long. I'm sure there is something that needs to be taken care of here.

But one more thing. Anyone from out of Realm who is seen doing work should have it done for them if at all possible!!!

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:07 pm
Wanker

one question 2v1 tourny how does that work?

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:46 pm
I'm right with you, Red Three

One more thing to add about no horseshit on the field: I don't think it'll be a problem, but if anything stupid happens, the offenders are off the field for the day, game over. We need heralds who are willing to make this call so we don't get crazy bullshit drama.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:23 pm

Ditto on the bullshiting. Zero tolerance. How ever we need to make sure we are selves keep a good attitude and work as our best.

I will get battles rolling and keep them going. I like the capture the flag idea. I have only done it once on a national feild and it was alot of fun.

Lets do this. :P

(> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:14 am
Canadian

I'll be willing to step in as a herald for a good part of the day. And I can help with weapons check if it is needed.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:43 am
Ass for hat

Security: Gorlock has also volunteered for feast, a pretty big job. To this end I'd like to volunteer for security. Toward that end, there was alot of talk last year about banning a certain person (you all know who). Is this a policy we are still looking to enforce or are we giving said person another chance?

Prizes: As to tourney prizes I'll go pick a few up today. I suspect the cost will be somewhere in the line of $20-30 for 4-5 prizes.

Troll: I'll work on getting us the troll tent we've been using since the person who owns it is my old scoutmaster though he may be less than ecstatic about letting us borrow it again since it came back broken last time (I'm not laying blame here, I was there when it happened and it was noone's fault).

Bullshit: Word

Breakfast: Are we actually doing this? I was under the impression that we were skipping breakfast this year to let Lily and Xipher do their reception for fighting friends (since they are not wealthy and there are alot of us).

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:18 am
Ass for hat

Good point about the reception and breakfast, i dunno.

As for that someone, no. Too much trouble, and too late for it.

Medics: are we going to have one on hand? If possible I would like to tap someone from within Iowa.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:39 am
Canadian

Just so you all know, Gorlock and I were going to run my realm trial at Mel. Any nan belegorn fighter is invited to kick the shit out of me.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:12 pm

I think Grim may have volunteered at one point.

I know he's a certified something or other in about 34 states though, so we should be ok as long as he's willing.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:10 pm
Is Probably Better than You Are

we arn't doing the breakfast. I know it is only like 20 bucks to run but fuck it sunday is xiper and lillys and I wish that people would have asked about this befor posting shit all over the national boards and making me look like a dick by saying it isn't happening.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:35 pm
Wiener

Medics: are we going to have one on hand? If possible I would like to tap someone from within Iowa.

Well, um, huh. I suppose there's always Lili, The Registered Nurse (TM). ;)

If you want, I'm willing to help with feast, troll, or whatever. I'll be there late afternoon Friday and leaving Saturday night.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure that Xipher and Lili aren't doing the wedding thing on Sunday, at least not in the same context as before. But I could be wrong...I'll ask Lili.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:52 am
Wanker

Um, if I can get my saturday switched to a sunday for work I can be there as a medic. Problem being I work 24 hour shifts, live 6 hours away, and I only have every third weekend free. I'll try to think of someone in the area that would be willing to help out if I can't make it, since thats very likely. I may be able to get a medic from DSM up there.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:10 am

Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:45 pm
Ass for hat

gorlock, if other people take care of everything, do you really care if we have pancakes?

Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:28 pm

I don't care if we have them i have just been opperating under the impression that sunday was their day. i'm just a little stressed about getting everything in line right now because I am in a paper crunch time at school.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:07 pm
Ass for hat

Hey bodhi what exactly is your realm trial, and especially, what is it for? Is it something you have to do for the Uruk Hai?

Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:42 pm

It's for his knighthood, he's squiring to V'Hil.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:11 pm
Wiener

Yeah, Xipher confirmed that they would not be doing the thing on Sunday. I'm pretty sure he and Lili will be there though, since it's like the only event until next Octoberfest they can go to.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Ass for hat

It's for his knighthood, he's squiring to V'Hil.

Woah, I totally didn't know that. Good luck. How much do you have left in your squireship?

Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:40 pm
Wiener

Post Bow strength tester
Greetings to all...
Just found out that I will have access to a bow tester for Melcaorme unless someone else has already located one. Please let me know whether we'll need mine, if not, I'd be happy to bring it.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:29 am