It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:07 pm

Where??? 
I'm right with you, Red Three

I'm willing to look at other places in Ingawanis, especially if we make sure that it'll be only us there.

Who knows, maybe we could even make the area we had this year work.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:16 am
Ass for hat

I really do think that the area we had this year would work alot better this time since we have a better idea of the logistics for the site. We'd have time to plan something better for parking, find a fighting field that everyone could agree on, pick a better site for main fire, and perhaps even find a good site for woods battles (though when we suggested them last year people said they were having a good time fighting in the field).

As an added bonus, electricty was run to a spot that is very close to the fighting field we used last year. At other events, generators have been used to supply power to spotlights that were used to facilitate night fighitng. We might be able to do the same thing, sans generators. Of course when I say electricity, we're really talking about an outlet about two or three feet from the ground on a post.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:08 pm
Canadian

I meant the boyscout camp, sorry. If there are other areas within the "camp" to look at then we should at least look. But if Mel were to be held at the same place again, I for one would not mind.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:15 pm
Ass for hat

For those who would like to take a look at the fighting fields at camp, I suggest we take a day to go check it out. I'll say right now that the field we fought on this year is by far the most accessible and has the least horse shit in it. but there are a few others that come to mind.

Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:37 am
Wanker

The one you had last year wasn't that bad, of course I slept in the car, so I dunno how tent friendly it was.

Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:56 pm
Ass for hat

Ok, unless someone has something else to say about it then we're using the camp. It will be better this time with more planning. On my honor it will.

Next we need to figure out when so I can alert the scouts. I'll talk to Tim (the ranger) this weekend and find out dates he thinks would be good for us not to be bothered.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:05 pm
Team I can't get enough cum in my mouth

Post I OBJECT
I object to the Ingawanis site:

The field was unsatisfactory. It was overgrown, full of potholes and thistles, and was a natural wind tunnel (hill opposite from trees with nothing to block the wind).

There was really no good place to camp. I did not like the fact that there were barns and cows on the site.

The location itself is all together inconvenient. The directions were confusing to people who came (even to people from CF).

The single road/path made the entrance and parking farther from camping than necessary and made menial travel more cumbersome.

The feast/night life area was tiny and tiresome.

The site on a whole was unaccomodating. The fact that Mel IV went over so well in spite of the last minute site and cold weather is extremely fortunate.

Now that we have the option, please let's not make Ingawanis our first choice for a site.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:17 pm
I'm right with you, Red Three

Div sums up my feelings on the site as well.

I think it could definately be better with better planning, but I still think we could do better for a site.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:44 pm
Wanker

I dunno about you guys but i was always a fan of blackhawk

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:02 pm
Ass for hat

Hey, whatever. Get your own site. Run your own event. I'll just come to it and fuck with your shit. No problems here.

So while everyone is busy trying to make our bid at Geddon a success, who exactly is going to run Mel?

I also think that you'll find Black Hawk slightly less inviting without Ama around as a representative. His word counts for alot at that park as mine does at Ingiwanis.

I offer you my resources and my promise that things will be better. I could take the time to itemize my replies to the things that div mentions, but I think I already addressed most of them when div brought them up. Though if anyone would rather I do this then please request it as I am only too happy to waste more of my time.

Rowan the Incredulous

Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:48 am
Ass for hat

I say again, i think Ingawanis will work . . . That park is huge. If the spot we were in has problems, maybe we could find another one. Either way, we probably arn't gonna find another Monty Bell, guys. We need to go with what we have. I think Ingawanis deserves another shot, especialy if Black Hawk is out of the picture (flooding etc).

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:55 am
Wanker

I gotta say Ingawana's worked good. I'm not sure how Blackhawk would have been, but if you have time to prep the site in 06 then it'll go ALOT smoother.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:31 pm
Canadian

Settle down Rowan, nobody attacked you. If you want to get your panties in a bunch over nothing, just keep us out of it.

I agree with Div and Derian about the site and think we should look for something different. I'd love to do it myself, but distance is a factor in this and that's impossible. We still have time to look for and arrange a deal with another possible site and I think we should do it.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:32 am
Canadian

If I remember correctly the first Mel was run at Black Hawk Park without the aid of Ama. The point is they know who we are by now and the people at Black Hawk have no good reason to give us a worse deal then what we've gotten in the past.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:02 pm
Ass for hat

Black Hawk Floods. Often. We found this out last year. Also, the benefits of either Black Hawk or Ingawanis is that we can work off our use of the park. I really don't know if we will be able to find a better site within reasonable distance that won't flood that we don't have to PAY for . . . I spent alot of summers at Ingawanis, and I agree that, given time to prepare, it could be an amazing site. I at least think that it deserves another shot.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:09 pm
Ass for hat

I know that noone personally attacked me. It's just that I feel like people are thumbing there noses at the work we did last year and calling it crap. We had 24 hours people, given more time it will be better.

But hey, don't let me stop you from doing this yourselves. If you really want to use Black Hawk then I'm sure that it's possible. You will recall though that the first Mel also had a strict no drinking policy since the rangers just didn't trust us without a face they knew (Ama).

Look, it's whatever. I offer you the resources at my disposal, if you choose to spit at it that's your choice. And no matter where we go I would advise against people attempting to ride around on top of cars or on the hood. I will personally monkey stomp you if I see that shit again.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:48 am
Is Probably Better than You Are

if you all really want black hawk(i don't think it is a good site) i can go and talk to al and mike and see what i can do. I still don't like the site though.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:15 pm
Canadian

you know, we could just put the site to a council vote and solve all of the problems right now.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:10 pm
Ass for hat

I seriously think that going back to Black Hawk isn't a good idea. I loved that site, honestly, but why put ourselves in the position of having to move site again if it floods?

Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:17 pm
Canadian

I think Bodhi has the right idea but discussion should continue for a while.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:17 pm